Sunday, January 1, 2012

I AM GRATEFUL FOR A NEW YEAR

It's A Small World, Disneyland
Happy New Year, everyone!  My wish for you is that your 2012 is filled with sparkles and dreams-come-true and that that whole Mayan-apocolypse thing is a just a gross miscalculation.

I am a big fan of new years because I am a big fan of fresh starts and I think everybody deserves them.   Last year was pretty okay so I'm not looking to overhaul my entire life, but I'd be lying if I said it couldn't use some improvements.  And so I've made some resolutions.  These will, of course, have to be broken down into smaller, manageable chunks, but today I'm going to focus on the Big Pictures.

#1: Overdress at every occasion.
This is the only resolution from last year that I actually kept so I'm rolling it over to this year to remind myself that I can actually stick to a plan.

#2: $$$: That thing I need to save.
I'm somewhere between a problem spender and a shopping addict.  The funny thing is, all I really want to do is have enough money stashed away that I can quit my job for a year or maybe take a long trip to a foreign country.  This shouldn't be hard-- and yet I can't keep my priorities straight when there's a sale happening at Kate Spade.  This year I will be anally tracking my spending and getting therapy.  Lots of therapy.

#3: Lose that 10 lbs. I gained during the Great Hibernation of November and December.
I know, I know.  The tiresome weight loss resolution.  Good thing is: I'm not worried about this one at all.  I just need to get back into the swing of exercising in the mornings, which will be easy-peasy now that it's not pitch-black and freezing at 6AM anymore.  I'm honestly looking forward to it.

#4: Bitch, you have a BFA.  Try using it.
I already have a reputable job in my intended field of animation, but that job basically consists of making spreadsheets and telling people to work faster.  I have little time for hobbies outside of work and am feeling creatively bankrupt.  I'm going to start small by doing one drawing a week and trying to put out one ukulele song a month.  Please hold me to this.  If you don't see one of my crappy drawings every week or a video for one of my silly songs by the end of every month I need you to complain and I'll promptly put on Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For?" while I stare down at my blank sheet of paper.  The motivation has to come from somewhere.

Despite these hurdles, I'm really looking forward to 2012!  My best friend is getting married this summer and I know that I will be going back East twice to visit both my Pittsburgh and Connecticut families.  Also, Angry Boys is finally premiering tonight so, y'know, way to start the new year off right.

Do you make resolutions?  Have any tips to help me stick to mine?  What are you most excited for in 2012?

7 comments:

Flara said...

All the best in 2012:))let your Big Picture will come true:) xoxo
Flara

Aimee Victoria Long said...

I love your blog! Great post here. I found your blog from a comment you left on another blog. Would you like to follow each other? Happy new year!!
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

My resolutions are somwhat like yours...save money, eat better, exercise and get my etsy store up and going!! Happy New Years!
Daisy~

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, I LOVE # 1. I am so using that this year, as well!

Happy, Happy New Year, my love! :)

Jayme and Mendi said...

Happy New Year!! I say post your resolutions in your room or bathroom someplace where it will be literally "in your face". :-)

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

il ├ętait une fois... said...

happy new years to you babes and thanks for all your support and kindness in 2011, means everything! Big love! X

Chantelle said...

Giiiiiirrrrrrllll where is your first and second picture!?!?! GET ON THAT! I'm holding you accountable to your New Year's Resolutions.